"Where words fail, music speaks" --Hans Christian Anderson

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Getting Caught in the Rain

Interesting story:

I was on my way to rehearse the Creston concerto about an hour ago . It was storming, but storms are awesome when you're practicing and it didn't seem too bad outside. So I get to the fine arts building (commonly referred to as the f.a.r.t.s. building *insert immature laugh here*), and make my way to where I was going to rehearse. I get my marimba in place next to the piano, and start to get a music stand, when *BAM!!!!* And then the lights go out.

"Great", I think to myself. So I go to a door that leads outside to see if the power was out in the building or on the whole campus. And as it turned out, there was power everywhere except for the fine arts building and a dorm accross the street. So I wait for about fifteen minutes in the pitch-black darkness until I gave up and went home.

There goes a potentially good rehearsal. But oh well. I'll just have to play catch-up tomorrow.

The end.

-J

No comments: